https://atomicinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/What_Info_Motivates_Your_Visitors.jpg 1024 1024 Nick Depasquale https://atomicinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/atomic-logo-full-1.png Nick Depasquale2023-03-29 19:25:582023-03-31 13:47:17What Information Motivates Website Visitors: 10 Insights To Improve Engagement
What information motivates website visitors and encourages them to stay on your site longer? Interestingly, it’s not always what you think. Sure, you want to provide valuable content that’s relevant to your niche – but that’s just the beginning.
The truth is, there are a number of factors that play into why people stay on a website or leave it. In this article, we’ll explore 10 of the most important insights into what motivates website visitors and how you can use them to improve engagement on your own site. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of what your customers want and how to give it to them.
1. Visual Appeal People are naturally drawn to visually appealing things. A website that’s easy on the eyes and looks professional will encourage people to stick around longer. Make sure your website looks modern and aesthetically pleasing.
2. Relevant Information Your website should contain information that’s relevant to your niche. Visitors who see content that’s not relevant to the reason they came to your site will quickly leave.
3. Easy Navigation Your website should be easy to navigate with clear menu options and categories. Confusing navigation will discourage people from staying.
4. Fast Loading Speed People are impatient and won’t stick around if your site takes too long to load. Ensure that your site is optimized for fast loading times.
5. Personalization People appreciate when websites show relevant content based on their previous interactions. Use personalized recommendations to keep visitors engaged.
6. Trustworthiness A website that appears untrustworthy will cause people to leave. Use trust elements like customer reviews, security badges, and social proof to establish credibility.
7. Interactivity A website that allows for interaction, such as commenting or sharing, will encourage people to engage with your content and stay on your site longer.
8. Mobile-Friendly With more people accessing the internet on their mobile devices, it’s important to have a mobile-friendly website. Make sure your site is responsive and easy to use on smaller screens.
9. Interesting Content Content that’s interesting and engaging will keep people on your site longer. Use different formats like videos, infographics, and images to keep your content fresh and engaging.
10. Clear Call-to-Action Your website should have a clear call-to-action that tells visitors what to do next. Whether it’s subscribing to a newsletter or making a purchase, a clear call-to-action will keep people engaged and interested in your site.
If you are interested in a new website or updating your old website contact us! (937) 232-1155